COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update: Re-Opening
Dear Patients and Friends of Lake Merritt Optometry,
We are happy to announce that our office will gradually reopen, starting Wednesday, May 20, for a limited appointment-only schedule.
Our top priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have taken protective measures as outlined by the American Optometric Association (AOA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure that our patients and staff remain safe as we continue serving our community. In order to do this, we have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- Appointment only policy for all services, including frame selection, eyeglasses pickups, adjustments and repairs.
- Masks are required and will be worn during your time in the office. The doctors and our staff will be wearing masks, and some will also wear face shields.
- We will ask you a few questions regarding your health status, as well as taking temperatures with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering the office.
- Hand washing/sanitizing will be required upon entering the office.
- We request that you not bring a companion to your appointment, unless you are accompanying a minor child. Any guests will be asked to wait outside.
- Doctor’s schedule has been reduced by 50% to limit the number of people in the office.
- We have implemented electronic forms and payments to reduce any contact that would spread germs.
- All frames will be individually sanitized after being touched or tried on before they are returned to the displays. Our experienced opticians will handle the frames you would like to try on. We ask that you do not touch the ones on display.
- Social distancing will be observed as much as practically possible.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com
with the subject line “Appointment Request”, and one of our team members will reach out to you. Please make sure you include your first and last name, phone number, date of birth and reason for the visit, as well as any day or time restrictions. You can also text our office number to communicate with us. Keep in mind all emails and texts are electronically secured and HIPAA compliant.
As the world around us is changing, we appreciate your trust in us and are truly grateful for our wonderful patients that continue to support our family-owned business. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we do our best to provide the highest level of eye care while keeping you safe and healthy.
Please stay safe and be well,
Dr Serene Ngin and the Lake Merritt Optometry team